LOCATED IN HATFIELD'S BEACH ON AUCKLAND'S HIBISCUS COAST
What to look for:
- Your child’s speech sounds make it difficult to understand them
- Your child’s language skills do not seem well-developed for their age
- Your child loses concentration quickly; forgets instructions easily; doesn’t seem to listen; or "Is in a world of their own”
- Your child is struggling socially or academically
- Your child is intelligent, but some skill areas are not consistent with what you know they are capable of achieving
- Your strong accent is causing difficulty for you, even though you have a good command of English
- Your stutter is holding you back
Children who have communication and learning difficulties can be significantly disadvantaged, especially when they start school. Reading, spelling, maths, social interactions, and self esteem can all be affected, and once a child falls behind, it can be difficult to catch up. The consequences may not just affect performance throughout schooling, but also carry over into adult life.
If you are concerned, it is important to have your child assessed, so that any significant learning or communication difficulties that are found, can be addressed promptly.
Sara aims to provide solutions for many of the problems people face in communication and learning, and in the process to make life easier and more enjoyable.
Northern Communication and Learning can be reached via the Contact Details page.